In honor of our upcoming Halloween chat, #Chat2lrn would like to take some time to focus on the scary side of L&D. We all have horror stories to share about:
- The SME who wants to beat you to death with irrelevant technical details and will spontaneously combust if they are not included.
- The project manager whose claws come out over the smallest of issues but who ignores the big ones.
- The LMS that won’t play nice with your content or your users, creating a digital ghost town.
- The SME who sucks the lifeblood out of you until you swear to use every SINGLE bit of information that he gave you.
- The project timelines that continue to slip until your back is against the wall and no one can hear you scream.
- The great content that you slaved over for months but no one will take due to management apathy.
- The client who won’t give final sign off until the zombie apocalypse arrives.
- The SME who won’t answer a direct question and just says “it depends…,” making you want to run screaming through the halls.
So what can we do as L&D professionals to minimize these scary situations? How can we avoid turning into a pumpkin when the clock strikes midnight?
Join us for #Chat2lrn this Thursday October 31(Halloween) 9:00am PDT/12:00pm EDT/4:00pm GMT to share your scary L&D stories and possible solutions.