Welcome back from the holiday craziness. We hope you had wonderful holiday and new year celebrations and are all settling back into the groove of work.
Before you get too settled though, we’d like to stop and think about what we’d like to bring to & get out of 2013.
What are your goals for the year? What are your plans? Have you even thought about it, or are you just trying to catch up and taking it 1 day at a time?
Personally, I find it difficult to take the time out of the daily grind to think of the bigger picture and what I want to accomplish. I do know that I need to carve out the time to get and keep myself organized. When I get busy, I start letting that slip, and then I get more stressed because there’s so much to do AND I feel scattered due to the lack of organization – so that’s high on my list. I’d also like to protect some time to reflect on things I’ve learned, and do some exploration and experimentation with those new ideas in my head.
Many of our colleagues have already thought of several things to think about, maybe they’ll be inspiring to you:
- Charles Jennings, Clark Quinn, Harold Jarche, Jane Hart, & Jay Cross of Internet Time Alliance:
- David Kelly: Misadventures in Learning
- Cammy Bean of Kineo on the Open Sesame blog:
- Holly MacDonald of Spark & Co on the Open Sesame blog:
- Bruce Graham of Perfect Performance Training on the Open Sesame blog:
- Lisa Chamberlin of FLEx Design on the Open Sesame blog:
- Mike Taylor on the Open Sesame blog:
- Mark Britz on the Open Sesame blog:
- Melissa Venable on the Open Sesame blog:
- Mark Sheppard on the Open Sesame blog:
- Dawn Mahoney: Learning in the White Space
Let’s take some time together this Thursday to inspire each other! Please join us Thursday, Jan 10th at 8am PST/11am EST/4pm GMT to share our goals, plans, and ideas about the fresh new year before us. Hope to see you there!